For those of you who have money to burn, consider buying your sweetheart a ridiculously expensive car for Christmas (this year, next year, one of these years). If you don’t have a sweetheart, don’t worry – whoever you buy one of these cars for will soon become your sweetheart.
Dsc.Discovery.com reports the following cars at the following prices and top speeds. Wow! Go to the site to see what the cars look like. Imagine you or your sweetheart cruising downtown Fort Smith at about 250 MPH.
10. Porsche Carrera GT: $440,000. Top speed: 205 MPH.
9. Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren Roadster: $495,000. Top speed: 206 MPH.
8. Koenigsegg CCX: $545,568. Top speed: 245 MPH.
7. Saleen S7 Twin Turbo: $555,000. Top speed: 248 MPH.
6. SCC Ultimate Aero: $654,400. Top speed: 257 MPH.
5. Pagani Zonda C12 F: $667,321. Top speed: 215 MPH.
4. Ferrari Enzo: $670,000. Top speed: 217 MPH.
3. McLaren F1: $970,000. Top speed: 240 MPH.
2. Lamborghini Revention: $1.6 million. Top speed: 211 MPH.
1. Bugatti Veyron: $1.7 million. Top speed: 253 MPH.
I think it’s interesting that the price tag doesn’t necessarily mean the fastest. But then when you’re past the $400,000 bracket and the 200 MPH speed, maybe it doesn’t make a lot of difference.
Of course most normal people can’t or won’t spend a half million dollars on a car – no matter who they would buy it for. But it is kind of fun to dream, so with Christmas just a few days away, Ellie and I wanted to entertain you with some of the world’s most expensive cars/Christmas gifts.
Most important is that people appreciate what we do have and not want things for the sake of having things. Cars are cool, cars are great. I would love to spend just one day driving around Fort Smith in one of those Bugattis and doing 253 miles per hour and taking the cops on a wild goose chase up into South Dakota.
(If any Fort Smith police officers are reading this, I’m serious – if I get one of those cars, you’ll never have to worry about me being a nuisance.)
Merry Christmas. Drive safe.
Nick & Ellie Glidewell